Real-Time Reflecting: So What? How are you Making Sense of your Internship?
Consider your existing academic and practical knowledge and answer the following questions. If you are working on a specific project for your internship organization, please draw from this experience to answer these questions. At the top of your assignment please list the name of your internship site so your faculty advisor is aware of the environment you are writing about.
- How is the internship experience consistent with your academic knowledge and coursework?
- What principles, concepts,
theories, skills, or information have you learned in school that is helpful to you now?
- How does your internship experience contradict or challenge the knowledge you gained from your coursework?
Consider the general workplace skills and behaviors: professionalism &
- How are you developing or enhancing these skills and behaviors during your internship?
- Please address each of these skills and behaviors and provide specific examples during your experience relative to these skills and behaviors.