Procter and Gamble Internal Analysis
For this assessment, the Procter and Gamble VP of strategy has asked you to prepare an
objective review of the internal strengths and weaknesses of the firm.
Your leaders are hoping to use this understanding to plan for the future
direction of the organization. There is also an
executive briefing report template available for your use. Find at least
four current, scholarly, or professional resources for this assessment.
Prepare a 4–6 page executive briefing report identifying not only
internal strengths and weaknesses, but also a rationale that addresses
why your analysis points to a particular strength or a weakness. Also be
sure to focus on strategic elements (capabilities) of the firm and on
how the strategic elements fit into the strategic position of the
company. Use headings and subheadings to help organize the key points
and include the following:
- Evaluate how the selected firm leverages its resources and
capabilities to execute the business strategy. Are the firm’s
capabilities found in its functions or the value chain, or both? Does
the strategy give coherence to decisions about allocation of resources?
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the organizational structure and
management system design. Include the firm’s ability to support the key
resources and capabilities that execute the business strategy. Is the
organizational structure suited for the particular tasks and particular
business environment of the firm?
- Explain key findings about the strategic fit between the firm’s
capabilities, organizational structure, and management systems. What are
the strengths and weaknesses of the current strategic fit?
- Explain possible ethical dilemmas and governance issues. These
issues may include shareholders and stakeholders, distribution of excess
profits, and top management’s pay.
Write coherently to support a central idea (in appropriate APA
format) with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a
- References: Support your executive briefing report
with at least four academic resources . Use proper APA style and format for citations and references.
- Length: The body of the report must be 4-6 double-spaced, typed pages, not including the references list.
- Written communication: Demonstrate graduate-level
writing skills through accurate communication of thoughts that convey
the overall goals of the analysis and do not detract from the message.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 point.