“Consenting to Sexual Harassment” Please respond to the following:
- Read Case 11.4: Consenting to Sexual Harassment, located here or on page 420 in your textbook then respond to the following questions. According to her own testimony, Vinson acquiesced to Taylor’s sexual demands. In this sense her behavior was “voluntary.” Does the voluntariness of her behavior mean she had “consented” to Taylor’s advances? Does it mean they were “welcome”? Do you agree that Vinson’s acquiescence shows there was no sexual harassment? Defend your position.
“Criminal Background Checks” Please respond to the following:
- Read the article titled, “Why Aren’t Business Ethics Classes Making Businesses More Ethical?”, located here. Next, respond to the following questions. The Wall Street Journal recently announced that ethics courses are useless because ethics cannot be taught. Although few people would turn to the Wall Street Journal as a learned expert on the teaching of ethics, the issue raised by the newspaper is a serious one: Can ethics be taught? Do business ethics classes have value in the workplace? Defend your position.
“Profit” Please respond to the following:
- Determine two to three (2-3) reasons why VectorCal may not always receive the exact amount of profit that it negotiated into its contract with the federal government. Predict two to three (2-3) outcomes VectorCal may experience as a result of not meeting the profit requirements specified in their government contract. Justify your response.
- Hypothesize two examples of circumstances where a company has not met the profit requirements of a government contract. Next, speculate on why these circumstances resulted in a failure to meet the profit requirements of its contract with the federal government. Next, from the e-Activity, provide one example of a company that has not met the profit requirements of a government contract, and specify the company’s end result.
See the Internet or to research articles discussing companies that failed to fulfill the profit provisions of their government contract, focusing on the end result of the company in question. Be prepared to discuss.
“NASA” Please respond to the following:
- Analyze the methods used by NASA in its structured profit approach, and speculate on how VectorCal could possibly use the same structured profit approach with their manufacturing operations. Support your analysis with examples of such an approach.
- Take a position on whether or not companies benefit from using a structured profit approach to calculate their profits. Provide an explanation of your position with at least two examples or scenarios of the use of such an approach.
“Course Wrap-Up” Please respond to the following:
- Sum up two of the most important concepts you learned from this course and state how you might use these.
- Identify someone in your life who would benefit from taking this course, and explain the reasons why.
“Looking Forward” Please respond to the following:
- Speculate on what technology might be able to do in 15 years to improve the contracting process.
- Hypothesize whether contracting with the government will be easier or more difficult in the future. Provide a rationale for your answer.