Q1) “it is generally
understood to mean a presentation of accounts, drawn up according to accepted accounting
principles, using accurate figures as far as possible, and reasonable estimates otherwise; and
arranging them to show, within the limits of current accounting practice, as objective a picture as
possible, free from willful bias, distortion, manipulation, or concealment of material facts”.
Critically Evaluate this statement, showing:
– the history and significance of the concept of ‘true and fair view’
– the usefulness of accounting standards/principles and the process by which they are agreed.
– the explanation of the relationship between the concept of “trues and fair view” and “creative accounting”
Q2) “Intangible assets are identifiable, non-monetary assets, so they may not affect the financial statements”
Critically assess this statement, showing:
– How intangible assets can be valued,
– How the financial statements may be affected.
– Examples to illustrate your points.
Q3) Examine the given annual report of National Real Estate Development and Investment company and write a report based on your findings where you:
– Analyse and critically evaluate the key motions of corporate governance in general.
– Critically Evaluate the use if the Code of Corporate Governance for public listed Omani companies, with reference o the “UK Combined Code”.
– Critically evaluate the significance and usefulness of the information disclosed.
*** Research article for Q1 will be attached.
*** word count = Minimum 2500 words.
*** the annul report will be attached after selecting the Tutor.
*** 6 references.