Watch the 2017 Super Bowl on Sunday, Feb 5th, 2017. Make “Pico de Gallo’ if you want. No credit, but here is a good recipe:
Roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
1/2 red onion, minced
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
1/2 lime, juiced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pinch garlic powder
1 pinch ground cumin, or to taste
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Then, watch the Super Bowl and identify five commercials that you admire. Give each commercial a name like the “Coke ad” or the “Avocados from Mexico ad.”
Write up a report on the five commercials that you most admired. For each commercial, answer these 10 questions.
1) Who was the target market of the ad?
2) Was the advertiser’s message directed at a particular segment?
3) What is that segment?
4) Did the commercial sell product “features”, or did it try to sell product “benefits”?
5) What was the message of commercial?
6) How did the advertiser “position” their product in commercial?
7) Was the ad trying to build awareness, consideration, or trial?
8) Was the ad creating “a need”, “a want”, or “a demand?”
9) Did the ad have a “call-to-action”? If so, what was the call-to-action?
10) Was the ad supporting a “status quo” effort, a “product development” effort, a “market development” effort, or a “diversification” effort?
Answer full questions and at least 4 pages.