Assignment 5: Managing Risk – The Human Factor
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points
the project you identified in Week 10, Discussion 1, in more detail by
completing the tasks listed below. Note that you will need to conduct
further research on the project using the Internet as a resource in
order to address all aspects of this assignment.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Evaluate the project scope.
- Determine the two (2) major risks associated with the project. Explain each of the identified risks.
- Examine the levels of uncertainty and complexity for the project.
- Analyze the type of project learning that is addressed. Justify your response.
- Examine the organizational mind-set and explain its impact on the project.
- Propose changes you would recommend to the infrastructure for lessons learned.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover
page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the project risk identification and assessment processes.
- Examine the various types of project risks.
- Analyze the process for diagnosing uncertainty and complexity in projects.
- Evaluate the types of learning in projects.
- Evaluate the organizational infrastructure for managing high-uncertainty projects.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in managing project risk.
- Write clearly and concisely about managing project risk using proper writing mechanics.
for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic /
organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using this rubric.