Assignment icon Personal Connection to Creativity and Innovation
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapter 1: Defining Creativity from the Plucker (2017) text.
Creativity and innovation are frequently mentioned as key 21st-century skills for both career and life success (Plucker, 2017). With such importance placed on these two seemingly abstract concepts, it is important that you not only gain a deep understanding of each concept, but also that you formulate your own personal philosophy of creativity and innovation. Through cultivation of your personal philosophy of creativity and innovation, you will become more open-minded, which fosters greater growth and learning. Remember, your personal philosophy is unique to you and is always changing as you learn and grow. Thus, we will return to this later in the course, where you will have the opportunity to reflect on and refine your personal philosophy of creativity and innovation.
In your paper,
- Discuss what innovation and creativity look like in your field of study.
- Explain why being creative and innovative are important as a professional in your future career.
- Determine which actions you will need to take in order to continue to grow as a creative and innovative contributor within your area of interest.
- Describe your preliminary personal philosophy of creativity and innovation. How can you best express what it means to be creative and innovative?
- You will refine this statement later in the course.
Part II: (I will do this part)
- Create a word cloud using either Wordle or Worditout. that aligns with your views of what creativity and innovation mean to you.
- Copy and paste your word cloud directly into your assignment.
- Note: You will need to use the word cloud you created later in this class, so be sure to save it.
The Personal Connection to Creativity and Innovation Paper
- Must be at least two double-spaced pages (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Wordle – http://www.wordle.net/
Worditout – https://worditout.com/word-cloud/create