Consider the following scenario:
Due to an increase in cardiovascular disease and cancer death in the United States, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Food & Drug Administration (FDA), and the National Cancer Institute (NCI) have formed a joint task force and has tasked you with developing an educational presentation on one of these topics to share with your community. Due to the public’s lack of knowledge on these topics, it is your job to create a presentation that is informative and educational regarding your chosen topic.
Research your topic using online sources such as the FDA, CDC, NCI, and local sources for content on your topic for this presentation.
Choose ONE of the following topics:
Create a 15- to 18-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with appropriate images to be presented to your community.
Include the following points:
- Provide a brief background on your chosen disease.
- Identify how this disease develops or how individuals contract the disease.
- Identify ways of preventing this disease.
- How could a fitness or exercise program, if any, help prevent this disease?
- Explain how to treat this disease using conventional medicine and complementary and alternative medicine (CAM), otherwise known as holistic medicine.
- Identify the nutritional needs of the individual with this disease, as well as what their diet should be to meet the nutritional needs.
- Make recommendations for where your audience might search for more information regarding this disease.
- Reference slide that lists the credible sources used to provide the information (e.g. not Wikipedia) for your presentation. The reference slide is in addition to the 15-18 slides.
- include detailed speaker’s notes for each slide.
NO PLAGIARISM, IT WILL BE CHECKED