Write a three to four (3-4) page paper, titled Rationale and Analysis for Agency Selected, Part 1
background information about the agency’s key historical events,
mission, and goals / objectives. (Title this section Introduction)
- Describe at least three (3) functions of this agency, highlighting the public it serves. (Title this section Agency Functions)
at least two (2) current events involving the agency that might have
implications to personnel management. (Use the e-Activities from Week 1
and Week 2.) (Title this section Agency News)
- Explain the
rationale for selecting this agency with at least two (2) justifiable
reasons. (Title this section Rationale for Selecting Agency)
at least four (4) peer-reviewed references (no more than five  years
old) from material outside the textbook. Note: Appropriate
peer-reviewed references include scholarly articles and governmental
Websites. (Include no more than one non-government Website)
Some government websites you may want to consider are:
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
instructions. When referencing Websites, make sure you follow APA
formatting within the text and on the Reference Page.
- Include a
cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name,
the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze key historical and legislative events in the development of personnel management in the public sector.
pertinent issues, such as motivation and productivity, collective
bargaining, labor relations, equal employment opportunity (EEO),
affirmative action (AA), intergovernmental relations, and / or
professionalism, facing public personnel managers.
- Assess external organizational and employee conditions as well as their implications to and impact on personnel management.
- Develop a proposal for strategic public personnel management for a specific setting.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in public personnel management.
- Write clearly and concisely about public personnel management using proper writing mechanics.
for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic /
organization of the paper, and language and writing skills. Click here to access the rubric for this assignment.