Please view these short videos and the case study descriptions before starting your assignment.
Understanding Employment at Will | NFIB Legal Ease (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rryJ9gJq7s0)
Patti recently started working for Empire Hospital in the claims/billing department. Her duties included preparing and submitting Medicare/Medicaid claims for payment. Shortly after being hired Patti noticed there were numerous irregularities which were potentially illegal billings to Medicare. When she raised the issue to her supervisor Eric, she was terminated. Patti inquired as to the reason and was told that according to the staff handbook all employees are hired “At Will”; thus, no reason or notice was needed for her termination.
In a 3- to 4-page paper respond to the following:
- What is “AT WILL” employment?
- Are there any exceptions to “AT WILL” employment?
- As the director of HR for Golden Hospital what concerns would you have over Patti’s termination?
- Who should be notified about her termination? Why?
- How would you handle the situation with her supervisor, Eric?
Be sure to properly cite all references. PLEASE DO NOT COPY FROM HOMEWORK HELP WEBSITE BECAUSE THIS ESSAY WILL BE WRONG> NO PLAGIARISM