Complete one of the following options for your Week 3 assignment:
Description of Dance Styles
Select two styles of dance–such as ballet, modern dance, folk dance, and jazz dance–as described in your text.
Describe each style of dance, and include the following:
- History and development of the style
- Discussion of your understanding of the use of line, form, repetition, and rhythm in each piece
- Description of the inspiration for the work in terms of story, theme, and image
- Description of what the movements of both styles communicate to you in terms of mood
- Description of what influences each dancer, or the choreographer, in the performance of each style or creation of a new dance performance
Submit your assignment in one of the following formats:
- A 700- to 1,050-word paper
- A four- to seven-minute podcast or video
Create a playlist of six to nine musical works.
Organize your selections under a theme such as “Music for Motivation” or “Cross-Country Playlist.” Be as creative as you like.
Include the following:
- Two to three works of popular music, such as rock, pop, country, dance, or hip-hop
- Two to three works of medieval or classical music; selections may include cantatas, oratorio, fugues, and so forth
- Two to three works from other musical forms such as opera, jazz, or folk music
Write a 350- to 700-word summary of your playlist which discusses how the formal and technical qualities of music affect you; in other words, how does music create a certain type of mood, and is it successful in prompting a response from you, emotional or otherwise? Use at least five to seven vocabulary terms from the text in your discussion, which may include but not limited to the following:
- Call and response
Submit your playlist with its organizing theme, as well as your summary, in one document using the Assignment Files tab