- What is emotional intelligence? What would a manager do to show emotional intelligence?
- Describe a manager you have known (or viewed in the media) who is unenthusiastic. What was the effect of the lack of enthusiasm on group members?
- What are some of the cognitive factors in leadership and how are they developed?
- Do you agree with the three elements described in the text that need to be present for an inspirational vision? Why or why not?
- There is an argument that a highly charismatic leader can be detrimental because that person can rely only on personality rather than hard work or skills. Do you think this is true? What does the textbook reading say needs to be combined with charisma to temper this negative?
- Reviewing the Leadership Case Problem B in the textbook reading, explain some improvements Brittany can make in her leadership traits and characteristics.
textbook reference: Dubrin, A. J. (2015). Leadership: Research findings, practice and skills. (8th ed.). Boston:
400 words min. References and Citations required.