The additional reading this week summarizes the importance of organizational culture and how it can impact the work being done. Leaders not only manage the staff and the day-to-day functions of an organization but also model desired behavior in their actions and words. The article highlights what occurs when disconnect between staff and organizational culture happens, as well as ways to effectively lead to create a sustaining agency culture. APA style, in text citation. Please use the reference provided
Answer question as a human services expecttive
Read the chapter:
As you read the chapter, consider the following:
- Why is it significant to differentiate between the “big C” and the “little c” in an organization? How is the leader ultimately responsible for both types of culture?
- Describe factors that contribute to unrest and upheaval within an organization’s culture. What is the role of the leader in these factors?
- How do the organization’s characteristics, commitment, and consistency ultimately shape its culture?
- Discuss various elements of Human Services organizational culture. Why should leadership be aware of them?
- Examine the relationship between culture and strategy to change. Where does the leader fit into this correlation?
O’Brien, K., Katz, E., Starkey-Taylor, S., Johnstone, T., Cohen, R., Hansen-Turton, T.,…Benoit, R. (2014). Reshaping organizations through culture and strategy. In T. Hansen-Turton, & M. Mortell (Eds.), Making strategy count in the health and human services sectors (pp. 71-108). Retrieved from http://www.springer.com