Directions: Provide short answers of 75-150 words each for the following questions/statements. Do not exceed 200 words for your response. Use the textbook, and any other scholarly resources to support your responses. Include at least four peer-reviewed journal articles beyond the textbook.
- Discuss the similarities and differences of the three generations of anti-psychotic medications.
- How do the current anti-psychotics work on the brain?
- Discuss the similarities and differences between the three generations of medications to treat depression.
- How do the current medications to treat depression work on the brain?
- Describe three medications that are used to treat substance use disorders.
- What medications may be risky to prescribe someone who has a substance use disorder? Why are they risky?
- Describe the importance of the DSM in diagnosing and treating mental illnesses and substance use disorders.
- Identify some adverse side effects of at least two commonly prescribed medication for treating psychiatric disorders.