First DEAL.. only need 3 paragraphs buddy! read about populations in need. You may have also known friends, family, or acquaintances who have sought out services. reflect on who your clients might be.
What individuals and groups might meet with a human services professional? Why might they seek help? From what you have read so far, how might you build a professional relationship with them so that they will talk about their problem?
2nd deal 3 ONLY NEED 2-3 pages and a half pages Buddy. COOL!
select one agency in which you would like to be employed Write a paper answering the following questions: use social human service assistant…..ok cool
1. What is the agency you selected, and what is your rationale for choosing this particular agency?
2. What other agencies did you consider, and why did you not select them?
3. Why would you like to be employed at this agency?
4. What services does the agency offer?
5. What types of professionals work at the agency?
3rd deal. One page is cool! Use in text cites references etc. apa format on all papers.. I need this Saturday night and the others Sunday late night. Ok cool
read about human services professionals and other professional helpers who work in the same setting. How are human services professionals similar to and different from other professionals who work in the same agency? How are they similar to and different from non-professional helpers ( volunteers) who work in the same agency? What could you do to work collaboratively with both other professionals and non-professionals in the agency? 1page is cool
4th deal ONLY NEED 3 PARAGRAPHS HERE Buddy. Ok cool! read about working in an agency. explore a bit closer how the agency looks from your perspective and that of a client. The definition of a human services agency is so broad that you cant visit agency so just look to one of the agencies featured in one of the optional resources… heres is the resource here….WHAT IF OURhealthcaresystem keptushealthy??? Consider the following questions from the point of view of a worker at the agency and that of a client:
1. What do you think it is like to work at the agency? What might the agency look like through the clients’ eyes?
2. If you worked at the agency, what do you think your day-to-day challenges would be and why?
3. How could you suggest an improved experience or environment to support the agency’s clients?
It is important to understand the human services waiting room from the perspective of both an employee and a client in need of services.