Review the attached list of Films on Demand: Sociology Collection: Social Institutions to
select and watch one video from each of the following categories listed:
family, education, and religion.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word essay.
Include the following in your paper or presentation:
- Prepare an introduction that identifies the major social institutions in society and why they are important.
- Describe each video and the social institutions it addresses.
- Identify any relevant models of power structure or political behavior that might be influential.
- Explain the functionalist, conflict, and interactionist perspectives
on the family, religion, and education. Which perspective does each
film use to discuss the institution? Explain specific examples from the
- Provide a conclusion that summarizes the main ideas of the essay and describes how these institutions have influenced you.
Format your assignment according to appropriate course level APA guidelines.