I am a student at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC) and this paper is about the university. Please read below. Also, I will attach an example of it. Make it about one page. Please no plagiarism. Please choose i good topic. It must be about my university.
Project 2: Technical Description, Definition, and Instructions
The Project Assignment
Context: You are a student at UTC, and you are going to contribute a printable document to a new website for students, “Help for Mocs.” The website provides basic explanations and related how-to information that new students and their families can use to get settled and to take care of any challenges they may encounter.
The site provides resources for all new and returning students on academic, social, and personal topics. Students coming to the site might look for more information on how to do well in a large lecture class, how to ask a teacher for help on a topic, or how to participate in recreational sports on campus.
The site also includes a particular focus on resources for out-of-state students who may need basic help in the community as well. These students might need assistance with how to get an apartment, how to start utilities, how to open a local bank account, or how to find a doctor.
The document you write for Project 2 will provide readers of the site with a technical description, related definitions, and step-by-step instructions on a specific topic. Topics are not repeated on the site, so your choice will have to be unique.
Step 1: Choose a topic.
You topic should be specific. As an example, instead of the general topic of “how to participate in rec sports on campus,” you would choose something like “how to participate in a rec sports Zumba class” or “how to get involved in the Men’s Rugby Club.” Be sure to choose a topic that you are familiar with, and ideally have personal experience with.
Step 2: Create the document.
You will create one document that includes three different sections:
- A technical descriptionthat describes and explains the concept you will cover. The description should provide the reader with enough information to tell is the document will help her. Include whatever background information, explanation, and visual resources your reader will need to complete the task your document covers. Include a minimum of one new or adapted illustration, designed for use by a specific semi-technical or nontechnical audience. This section of the document might vary in length from one to two pages, but the length will vary by topic.
- A glossary of termsthat are related to the topic you are explaining. The number of terms will vary with the topic you have chosen. This section of the document might take up as much as half a page. Some definitions may be as short as a single sentence; others may require a full paragraph. The glossary document should be structured and designed to enhance readability.
- A set of step-by-step instructionsthat tell the audience how to accomplish the task that the document covers. Your instructions should include at least five steps and 5 photos or illustrations. It needs to include a list of required materials, details on the steps to be completed, and any troubleshooting tips or advice. Also include safety notes or warnings if appropriate for your topic..
- Does the project document include all 3 parts (a technical description, a glossary, and step-by-step instructions)?
- Does the project show effort?
- Does the document provide all the details that the audience will need to accomplish the task it covers?
- Does it meet the requirements in the Writer’s Checklist at the end of chapter 20 of Markel (pp. 571-72)?
- Excellence: Does the document memo meet Markel’s eight measures of excellence?