Option #2: The Role and Impact of Hospitals (Presentation)
Feldstein (2012) indicates that the hospital is the most important institutional setting for the delivery of medical services because it represents “the largest single health care expenditure category,” and it has been “the beneficiary of much federal and state legislation” (p. 292).
For this assignment, prepare an economic analysis brief that describes the role and impact of hospitals in the healthcare industry in the United States or abroad to demonstrate an understanding of Module 5. Discuss and synthesize key elements from at least two recent scholarly articles (found in the CSU-Global Library) that address one of the following points:
- Determine the performance of the hospital industry.
- Apply economic models, theories, or assumptions.
- Offer objective methods for attempting to predict future market behavior in response to events, trends, and cycles.
- Assess economic policy recommendations for healthcare stakeholders.
- Evaluate the economic health of the nation or state.
- Speaker notes containing 50-100 words per slide with visual/text content
- Reference to material note in text
- Discuss Module 5 of The physician service market, Do Physicians Respond to Financial Incentives?,Does it impact the quality of treatment and services provided by physicians,( the hospital service market hospital utilization and market and competition and cost), and
- Your analysis should be thoughtful and thorough, well written, and should include:
- A minimum of 15 slides (not including the title and reference slides).
- Speaker’s notes containing 50-100 words per slide to elaborate on the visual/text content on the slide.
- Appropriate graphics, multi-media, and other visual elements to enhance the presentation delivery
Reference Slide: here sum additional references:
Feldstein, P. L. (2012). Health care economics (7th ed.). Clifton Park, NY: Cengage Learning.
Folland, S., Goodman, A. C., & Stano, M. (2013). The economics of health and health care (7th ed.). New Jersey, NJ: Pearson.