Children, Families, and Communities Guidebook: Parent Message
[CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4]
The Summative Assessment for this course includes creating a family message in which you will describe how you will apply the contents of your previously developed Children, Families, and Communities Guidebook to promote collaborative learning with the parents or guardians and families with whom you work. The purpose of your Guidebook is to demonstrate your applied and collaborative knowledge regarding family and community partnerships. You will share this knowledge in a family/parent message, which will include your professional philosophy, beliefs, and practices that will guide your future work. This project supports the MAECEL core Program Learning Outcomes and is an opportunity to demonstrate your specialized knowledge, intellectual skills, and professional philosophy.
Assignment Overview and Context:
Early childhood education settings are comprised of diverse children and families. As you have learned in the past 6 weeks, family and community partnerships have a lasting impact on children’s success and thus, it is crucial that partnerships are developed early and maintained throughout the year.
For this project, you will develop an audio, video, or multimedia presentation and a written transcript that you could share at the beginning of the year with the families in your early childhood environment. The following must be included in your audio, video, or multimedia presentation and written transcript:
o Clearly introduce yourself and describe what your future goals, position, and learning environment you intend to work in, including desired age level.
· Effective Partnership
o Discuss how effective, on-going home and community partnerships can support early childhood curriculum, learners’ development and the learning environment. In your explanation, be sure to include research-based evidence from at least two scholarly resources such as theories, practices, strategies, and frameworks to substantiate your position.
· Communication and Collaboration Strategies
o Articulate what communication and collaboration strategies you will use in your setting. Provide a rationale, detailing why your suggested strategies are best for developing and maintaining partnerships. Support your position with at least two scholarly resources.
· Family and Community Involvement
o Specifically explain how families can be involved in school, at home, and in the community. Include a minimum of four examples.
· Future Plans for Partnerships
o Share your plans and visions for on-going partnerships that encourage and inspire families. Describe how you will get them excited about supporting their child throughout the year!
o You must include a written text script of your presentation, including a title and reference page.
Research and Resource Expectations:
· Support your position, with at least four scholarly peer-reviewed sources.
· Include the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct as a source in this assignment.
Writing and Formatting Expectations:
· Title Page: Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
o Link to audio/video or multimedia presentation
· Academic Voice: Academic voice is used (avoids casual language, limited use of “I”, it is declarative).
· Organization: Demonstrates logical progression of ideas.
· Syntax and Mechanics: Writing displays meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
· APA Formatting: Papers are formatted properly and all sources are cited and referenced in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
· Presentation is completed using one of the options below and is professional, effectively communicated, and informative. Choose one of the following technology tools to develop your presentation:
o Audio: Vocaroo (Links to an external site.)–http://vocaroo.com/
o Video: YouTube (Links to an external site.)–https://www.youtube.com/
o Multimedia: Jing/Screencast (Links to an external site.)–https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html
o Other: If you have an alternative tool that you would like to use or need an accessibility accommodation for this assignment, please contact your instructor to ensure it is appropriate for this assignment.
· Presentation includes an APA-formatted transcript and includes the link to the audio, video, or multimedia presentation.
Suggested Assignment Length:
This should be a four to five-minute presentation, with a script that is five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages).
****You can use PowerPoint and add notes to the bottom. I will do the talking once I receive it.