This discussion allows for you to debate about the interactions between genetics and society. Have you ever considered whether your realityand behaviors are already pre-determined?There are some who believe this, while others believe we have the freedom and control to decide the circumstances of our own lives. What do you think?
1. What is determinism? Can determinism be real? If determinism is real, can we have free will? If so, how do societal norms influence free will? Remember to fully explain and apply course material with educational support for consideration of credit.
2. As you answer these questions, think about the nature versus nurture debate. If people are born with traits, does culture impact the development of the person? If people are born with traits, do they have free will to choose differently? How does culture impact how a person behaves or community functions given inborn characteristics?
· Essay is 500 or more words in length
· Uses three academic sources, two of which are from academic, peer-reviewed journals
· Uses correct APA in-text citations throughout and includes an APA reference page