Using support from the references below, in two to three paragraphs reflect on the goals, values, and rationale of applied research within the education profession.
This assignment will be assessed by your instructor using the https://my.uopeople.edu/pluginfile.php/1278882/mod_assign/intro/5470PA-Rubric.pdf
Choosing & Using Sources: A guide to academic research. (n.d.). Teaching & Learning, University Libraries. https://ohiostate.pressbooks.pub/choosingsources/
o Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
o Chapter 1 – Research Questions
o We will be using this book throughout the first half of the course, so it is highly recommended that you download a copy for quick reference. You can download the book from the Textbook page located on the course homepage. This book covers the basics of research.
2. Baron, M. A. (2008). Guidelines for writing research proposals and dissertations. http://www.regent.edu/acad/schedu/pdfs/residency/su09/dissertation_guidelines.pdf
o The above resource provides an overall review of the research proposal process. However, please note that you will not be going into the depth of the dissertation process, this is only meant as a review of pieces of requirements that we will be discussing in this course.
4. Hine, G. (2013) The importance of action research in teacher education programs. http://clt.curtin.edu.au/events/conferences/tlf/tlf2013/refereed/hine.html
o This is an excellent overview of the action (applied) research practice in teacher education programs.
5. Painter, D. (1999) Teacher research could change your practice. NEA. http://web.archive.org/web/20200217170158/http:/www.nea.org/tools/17289.htm
o In this article, Painter discusses why it is important to conduct research as an educator.
6. Current trends in education. (2012). TeAchnology. http://www.teach-nology.com/currenttrends/
o The above article will help you explore possible topics for your applied research proposal. It also discusses current trends in education around the globe from technology to students teaching teachers.
7. Purdue OWL Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). Where to begin. Purdue OWL Online Writing Lab. https://my.uopeople.edu/mod/book/edit.php?cmid=243949&id=276568
o Review this information to help narrow a research topic and develop research question