InstructionsCourse objective: CO2. Explain how ethical frameworks shape business decisions. Prompt: Select and research ONE of the following companies that has been in the news for an ethical dilemm
Get perfect grades by consistently using www.college-experts.com. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
InstructionsCourse objective:CO2. Explain how ethical frameworks shape business decisions.
Prompt:Select and research ONE of the following companies that has been in the news for an ethical dilemma. Prepare a PowerPoint about this company's ethical dilemma and resulting ethical failure, according to the following instructions. Sources are provided to assist you getting started (click company name link). You must further research the company as well as applicable ethical frameworks and related law in your text and required readings.
CHOOSE ONE OF THESE COMPANIES/ISSUES: The Links are a factual/analytical starting point for your information and further research. Please also review the Grading Rubric for complete understanding of what your presentation must cover.
1. Equifax – cybersecurity fail.
2. Volkswagon – fraudulent low emissions software
The following resources will also assist your PowerPoint.
- Ethics & Ethical Dilemmas for Business
- How to Prepare a PPT (APA compliant)
- How to Add Speaker Notes in PowerPoint
Create a 12– 15 slide PowerPoint presentation that includes:
- Title slide with your name, course, date, school, title of presentation;
- Agenda slide – This lists the key points covered in the PPT;
- Content slides containing bullet points information with illustrations, diagrams, pictures, graphics etc., as appropriate to the slide's content;
- Speaker's notes on each slide – either text presented in the Speaker Notes section at the bottom of the slides or Audio through your Voice speaking (or both); (Note: Speaker's Notes are not duplication of the text on the slides. They are explanatory narrative.)
- Identify the company you selected;
- explain the company and its industry;
- provide the factual background of the problem; and
- clearly state the ethical dilemma presented by the situation. If you see more than one dilemma in play choose the main or overriding dilemma you see. Your presentation should focus on one. dilemma. In a dilemma, the company had two choices: the act it chose and an alternative it did not do.
3. Identify and define at least one ethical framework that the company apparently employed in making its decision in that ethical dilemma. Note — Not "Should have used." It is not acceptable to say it did not act ethically or did not use a framework. Analyze it. Frameworks include utilitarianism, free market ethics, deontology, virtue ethics , ethics of care, etc., covered in your course readings.
4. Then, identify and define at least one ethical framework that the company should have used when the problem arose, and explain how to apply it for them to have reached a better result than what actually happened. Be clear. (See frameworks mentioned above.)
5. Identify and explain measures the company should implement to avoid this type of problem in the future.
6. Within your discussion include whether the company had a code of ethics or policy that seemed to apply to the situation, and if so, what went wrong with that? This is something you should find out in your research about the company.
7. Explain something business leadership in any company can learn from this situation. This is not just what the company you are discussing did or should do.
8. Finish with a conclusion that wraps up the key points.
9. Include a Reference slide with at least seven (7) credible sources listed in APA format. (NOTE: Sources must be cited in slides and speaker's notes for direct quotes, specific facts and graphics, same as in a paper, per APA format. If you are doing audio speaker notes, you would mention the source in your speaking narrative.) (Reminder; we are using APA 7th Ed. format.)
10. Your PPT should have a professional slide background and graphics on each slide. (See rubric)
Do you need help with this or a different assignment? We offer CONFIDENTIAL, ORIGINAL (Turnitin/LopesWrite/SafeAssign checks), and PRIVATE services using latest (within 5 years) peer-reviewed articles. Kindly click on ORDER NOW to receive an A++ paper from our masters- and PhD writers.
Get a 15% discount on your order using the following coupon code SAVE15
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper