AA and Alanon meeting.
Prepare a written paper answering the following questions. Estimate length 4-5 pages
- Briefly describe how the meeting(s) were conducted. How did it open and close? Was there discussion of a particular topic?
- What are the objectives in the 12 step program? How were they achieved in this particular meeting? Please do not repeat back the 12 steps but discuss the objectives or outcomes
- What is the principle psychosocial support structure? (How are the members treated by the leadership and each other?) What was the group structure? Leader present, leaderless, rotation of leader-
- Do you believe that the support structure as you describe it is beneficial? Why? or why not?
- In what ways does the spiritual aspect of a 12 step program support the attendee?
- What are the advantages and/or disadvantages to group support vs. individual therapy in this context?
- What feeling did attending this meeting generate for you? Please describe those feelings.
- In what ways will attendance of this group be useful in your practice as a nurse?
- Compare and contrast the 2 meetings (Alanon, and AA). Style/purpose/group dynamic