As a culminating task for this course, reflect on your own beliefs, expectations, and practices.
- How do you/would you promote human rights on an ongoing basis in the classroom and during interactions with students throughout the school?
- What classroom practices provide opportunities for developing an understanding and appreciation of diversity?
- What evidence is there, or would you look for, that indicates to you that these practices are effective?
- How do you monitor your own expectations of students? How often?
- What steps do you/would you take to keep the learning environment free from discrimination?
- To what extent are these actions preventative? Restorative? Remedial?
- To what extent do you emphasize outcomes of the curriculum that address diversity in instruction?