As you may have found searching the web is a time-consuming and rather inefficient chore: even when using quality search engines, you may have to sift through dozens of irrelevant “hits” to find the information you want. In no more than 1-page, critically reflect on your search process. Interpret the success and challenges you faced when finding sources for your research study. Was it difficult to find scholarly resources on your topic? What are some hints or tips you would have for your peers in conducting a search for sources via the internet? please make your reflection personal.
This assignment will be assessed by your instructor using the rubrics in the link. https://my.uopeople.edu/pluginfile.php/1589472/mod_assign/intro/5470PA-Rubric.pdf
Choosing & Using Sources: A guide to academic research. (2020). Teaching & Learning, University Libraries. https://ohiostate.pressbooks.pub/choosingsources/2. Pubrica Academy. (2019, August 8). Why is it important to do a literature review in research? https://pubrica.com/academy/research/why-is-it-important-to-do-a-literature-review-in-research/ 3.Purdue OWL Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). Annotated bibliography examples. Purdue OWL Online Writing Lab. https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/general_writing/common_writing_assignments/annotated_bibliographies/annotated_bibliography_samples.html 4. Purdue OWL Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). Writing a literature review. Purdue OWL Online Writing Lab. https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/conducting_research/writing_a_literature_review.html
1. Taylor, D. (28, June 2010). Writing the literature review (part one): Step by step tutorial for graduate students [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IUZWZX4OGI (5:21)
2. Taylor, D. (28, June 2010). Writing the literature review (part two): Step by step tutorial for graduate students [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoYpyY9n9YQ (7:40)
- This is a two-part series of videos that will explain how to write your literary review.
3. University of Washington Libraries. (2011, July 19). What is a scholarly journal article? [Video]. YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuyCJnv3auk (2:55)
- This video gives you a specific explanation and examples of what scholarly articles include and shows you how to locate them.