The executive leadership team of your focus business has tasked you, the brand/product manager, to create a presentation that analyzes a recent advertisement for the product/service you have selected, and that suggests improvements to increase the brand’s market share. The team will use the information to make an informed decision for a future marketing campaign to increase the market share. Now that you’ve successfully completed a branding/positioning strategy and business case, it’s time to focus specifically on advertising and/or sales promotions efforts to drive improvements.
Develop a 10-slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation with detailed speaker notes and appropriate visuals in which you recommend an advertisement or a sales promotion that could be used by your focus business for the ONE product/service you have selected and ONE target market segment for that product/service.
Include the following in your presentation:
- The name of your focus business and a brief description of the company and product/service you have selected.
- An advertising or sales promotion you recommend for the product/service you have selected to focus on.
- An assessment of the creative strengths and weaknesses of your recommended advertisement or sales promotion.
- The type of research you will use to show whether the public response to your recommended advertisement or sales promotion is positive or negative. For example, consider the following: What kind of media buzz did the ad or sales promotion generate (i.e., publicity, free articles, mention in trade journals, blog articles, YouTubeTM views, etc.)?
- Recommendations for additional advertising or sales promotion strategy improvements that could be used to increase the market share of your selected business.
- Your justification of the research or analytics you’ll use to support your marketing decisions.