- Choose one article from the readings in the Student Selected Scholarly Articles.
Write one well-developed paragraph in answer to the “Reflective Questions” below:
- In your own words, briefly summarize the article (1-2 sentences)
- What is the author’s main claim or thesis (1 sentence)
- Do you mostly agree or disagree with the author’s claims? (1-2 sentences)
Before reading the text, were you already familiar with the topic?
- Describe your background in, interest in, or knowledge of the topic (1-2 sentences)
- Do you think the author handled the topic well? (1-2 sentences)
- Why did you choose this text? (1-2 sentences)
- What did you find most interesting or strange or surprising about the topic? (1-2 sentences)
- If yes,
- Respond substantively to at least two classmates’ posts.
Criteria on which you will be graded:
- Answering the questions above in an initial post of at least 200 words