Assessing Reliability and Credibility of CAM (Credible Complementary and Alternative Medicine) Resources Presentation
- Please help by creating a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation on a methodology you create for assessing credibility and reliability of an Internet source of CAM information.
- Include detailed speaker notes and APA format reference citations.
information from reliable sources with
proper English with no grammatical or spelling errors.
- Provide references in APA format.
- Describe how a consumer’s attitudes and beliefs about CAM could hinder objective assessments of reliability and credibility in CAM.
- Create five objective criteria to judge the credibility and reliability of a source of information on CAM.
- Select a CAM therapy or modality, and research the Internet for websites on this therapy or modality. Be sure to not use the same therapy you used for the CAM paper. Then, perform the following:
- Describe the therapy.
- Examine the type of training or education that is required.
- Discuss whether a license or certification is required to practice this therapy.
- Identify the overseeing or regulating organization for this therapy.
- Using your criteria, review one of the websites and determine how reliable the site is for CAM information.
- Explain how you reached your conclusion about the website. Consider using a grading scale or grid for this exercise.
- Describe steps the website could take to increase its credibility.
- Present the Assessing Reliability and Credibility of CAM ResourcesPresentation. These are Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations with speaker notes.