Singapore continuously monitor and regularly keeps pace on improvements in tourism industry. Tourism is indeed a very import part of the Singapore economy. Many industries exist to support the activities of tourism. These industries include the airline, hotel, restaurants and many others.
Identify an industry that offers services to support tourism within Singapore. Prepare and present a full analysis of an industry of your choice in Singapore. The analysis and findings should be done using PESTEL framework and VRIO analysis model.
Your report should cover the following elements:
* Describe briefly the background information of the organization selected. This information should be relevant o the discussion of your assignment.
* Use PESTEL framework to conduct a macro-environment analysis for the chosen industry in which the business organization operates. Emphases should be placed on understanding the purpose of this analysis, the interconnectedness of the different environmental factors, and their overall impact, in terms of key opportunities and threats on the industry. Draw your conclusion based on your analyses.
* Conduct using VRIO analysis model to identify internal resources and capabilities in sustaining competitive advantage within the industry of your choice. Again, you are also required to pay attention to the purpose of this analysis, the interconnectedness of different aspects of the competitive advantage, the links between the competitive advantage and macro-environment, and their overall impact on the industry and the organization selected in terms of main driving forces in the competitive environment,
* describe the content of the current business strategy deployed by the organization through:
— identifying and briefly discussing the contents of the business strategy
— explaining how the strategy has been identified or emergent as a pattern of decision-making.
* evaluate the suitability of the strategy identified in the light of outcomes of your analyses on the environment and the organization’s core competence.
* provide recommendations accordingly
The report must be written in a recognized style, i.e. Table of contents, introduction, main analysis, conclusions, recommendations, references and bibliography. You must apply the Harvard system of your report.