Assignment 4: Intel and AMAT 2012-2013 Comprehensive Analysis
Value: 10% of final grade (84 MARKS)
Due: Week 12
· Calculate key financial ratios for all year presented. You will need to complete the cash flow statement and all ratios will be calculated by the template. Note: allocate the negative restructuring and impairment in AMAT (2011) to stock based compensation on the cash flow (10 Marks).
· Using the library, find industry averages to compare to the calculations in CSI Market.com – it is a good website to find industry averages (Alternatively – Factset) (12 Marks).
· Prepare a comprehensive analysis of both companies. This should include an evaluation of:
– Short term liquidity (4 Marks)
– Operating efficiency (4 Marks)
– Capital structure (4 Marks)
– Long term solvency (4 Marks)
– Profitability (4 Marks)
– Market measures (4 Marks)
· In addition, include a discussion of any quality of financial reporting issues (6 marks).
· Identify the strengths and weaknesses of both company (12 Marks).
· Discuss the investment potential and the creditworthiness of both company (6 Marks).
· Report will be graded for correct grammar, spelling and professional presentation (14 Marks).
· Assignment is to be submitted via Dropbox BEFORE the start of Week 12 in-class session.