After you attend the simulation, you are expected to reflect on your experience and write a 5-paragraph essay that satisfies the following criteria:
- Introduction: Explain your location in the Water Simulation (Watopia, Flowdia, or Desertia) and how this location affected your water availability. How did you feel about being in this location?
- What was your role in your family group? What was the most challenging decision your family made during the simulation?
- Reflect on the discussion afterwards. Describe one or more comments by others that made you think about the topic differently or introduced you to new ideas. Be sure to not only describe the comments, but also to reflect on how your thinking was challenged or changed.
- Compare your experience in this simulation to one of the films/text for this course, in order to explain how this water simulation relates to the world water crisis. Be sure to cite the name of the film/text you select in your journal entry.
- Conclusion: How did this simulation impact your views on the world water crisis?
Be sure that you have checked the rubric below to make sure that your submission is complete and without errors.
First paragraph includes a detailed explanation of the author’s location in the water simulation and specific details of how the author felt about this location.
Second paragraph includes a detailed explanation of the author’s role in the family group and specific details on more than 1 challenging decision the family made during the simulation.
Describes 2 or more comments from the discussion and reflects on their significance (can include reflection on a single dialogue between multiple students, as long as both sides of the dialogue are reflected upon).
Author compares their experience in the water simulation to at least one film or text from this course, in order to explain how the simulation relates to the world water crisis. The film or text is cited appropriately and details are used to support the comparison.
The final paragraph includes a detailed explanation of how this simulation has impacted the author’s views on the water crisis, with specific examples to support their explanation.
The journal entry is more than 400 words, with clearly defined paragraphs that answer each reflection question. There is evidence that the author was engaged in the material and articulated meaning through involvement in this simulation.