Globus – Quiz 2 – Part 1 / Globus Quiz 2 Part 1
1. Which of the following is NOT an action company co-managers can take to help meet or beat
the investor-expected increases in the company’s stock price in upcoming years?
Which of the following is NOT an action company co-managers can take that has good potential
for increasing the company’s average ROE and helping the company meet or beat the investorexpected ROE targets in upcoming years?
3. Which one of the following is NOT a way to improve the P/Q rating of a company’s brand of
4. If a company pays each camera PAT member a base wage of $21,000, thereby resulting in base
wages of $84,000 per 4-person PAT, and if camera PATs work an average of 2,000 hours per
year to assemble 3,000 cameras annually, it follows that
5. Actions that can lead to higher labor productivity in assembling cameras/drones do NOT include
6. The website prices virtually all companies in the industry charge Asia-Pacific buyers for UAV
drones are likely to be higher than the website prices they charge UAV drone buyers in North
7. After each decision round, company managers should make a point of examining the
information on p. 2 of the Company Operating Report that concerns the company’s profitability
in the action camera segment in each geographic region because
8. Which one of the following actions helps boost a company’s image rating/brand reputation?
9. Which of the following combinations of actions will likely provide the LEAST competitive benefits
in helping a company catch the eye of action camera shoppers. significantly boost overall buyer
appeal for its cameras versus rival brands, and cause more camera shoppers to purchase its
brand instead of rival brands in each of the four geographic regions?
10. If a company earns net income of $40 million in Year 8, has 10 million shares of common stock
outstanding, pays a dividend of $1.00 per share, and has annual interest costs of $10 million,
11. Which one of the following is NEITHER an advantage or disadvantage of shifting to roboticsassisted camera assembly methods?
12. The industry-low, industry-average, and industry-high cost benchmarks on pp. 6-7 of each issue
of the Camera & Drone Journal
13. If a company adds 60 new workstations at a cost of $75,000 each and also spends $20 million
for addition space in its camera/drone assembly facilities to accommodate more workstations,
then its annual depreciation costs will rise by
14. Which of the following is NOT an action that can help boost a company’s credit rating? In
answering this question, you may wish to consult the Help section for page 5 of the Camera &
Drone Journal and read the discussion pertaining to “The Credit Rating Measures.”
15. The benefits of pursuing a strategy of social responsibility and corporate citizenship include
16. Which one of the following represent the MOST important/helpful results from the latest decision
round that company managers need to review/study in order to guide their strategic moves and
decisions to improve their company’s competitiveness and overall company performance in the
upcoming decision round?
17. Which one of the following actions helps increase a company’s EPS?
18. A company’s managers should give serious consideration to changing from a low-cost/low price
strategy for action cameras to a different strategy in the 4 regional markets for action cameras
19. If your company earns an ROE of 20% at a time when the investor-expected ROE target is 25%
and if the instructor-determined weight for achieving the ROE target is worth 20 points, then
your company’s ROE score on the Investor Expectations scoring standard will be
20. Which one of the following is NOT an attractive way to reduce the design, assembly, marketing,
and other costs per action-capture camera sold in an effort to achieve a sizable low-cost
competitive advantage over rivals?