This paperwork ACC 561 Week 3 Individual WileyPlus Exercises BE15 5, BE16 1 includes answers to these exercises:
1) In January, Reyes Tool & Dye requisitions raw materials for production as follows: Job 1 $900, Job 2 $1,200, Job 3 $700, and general factory use $600.
During January, time tickets show that the factory labor of $5,000 was used as follows: Job 1 $1,200, Job 2 $1,600 Job 3 $1,400, and general factory use $800.
Prepare the job cost sheets for each of the three jobs. (If answer is zero, please enter 0, do not leave any fields blank.)
2) Exercise E16-1
Doc Gibbs has prepared the following list of statements about process cost accounting.
Identify each statement as true or false.
1. Process cost systems are used to apply costs to similar products that are mass-produced in a continuous fashion.
2. A process cost system is used when each finished unit is indistinguishable
3. Companies that produce soft drinks, motion pictures, and computer chips would all use process cost accounting.
4. In a process cost system, costs are tracked by individual jobs.
5. Job order costing and process costing track different manufacturing cost elements.
6. Both job order costing and process costing account for direct materials, direct labor, and manufacturing overhead.
7. Costs flow through the accounts in the same basic way for both job order costing and process costing.
8. In a process cost system, only one work in process account is used.
9. In a process cost system, costs are summarized in a job cost sheet.
10. In a process cost system, the unit cost is total manufacturing costs for the period divided by the units produced during the period.